Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Skin MD Natural Sheilding Lotion Review

So, before Christmas I was contacted by 21st Century Formulations to ask if I would like to try their Shielding Lotion. Of course I said yes! I have been trying it for the past 6 weeks and felt ready to give you the lowdown...

The cold winter Scottish weather plays havoc on my skin, while my face remains oily to combination, the rest of my body becomes dry and flaky!

My specific problem area are my shins which, for some reason, become very scaly and itchy. When I first applied the lotion, I was pleasantly surprised, it was not at all heavy or greasy and quickly absorbed into my skin.

The one thing I would say is that I didn't feel the initial relief once I applied this lotion, there was still some scaliness and itchiness, but after using it over a period of 3 to 4 days there was a marked improvement to the skin quality.



The size of bottle I was sent is 120ml, and I have been keeping it in my handbag as it is just the right size.

This product also contains dimethicone, which is also in many of the popular face primers. From what I can gather, it's what gives the silky, velvety effect to skin. With that in mind, I have also used this as a face primer/moisturiser combo and have to say it held up pretty well! Plus, combining 2 steps in my morning routine is always a winner!

Would I reccomend?

Yes, I would. It's a great product for tackling dry skin and protecting from harsh winter weather. Don't expect immediate results, but persevere with it! Also, great for use as a face primer and facial moisturiser in one!

Where can I get it?

Skin MD Natural Website

*I also noticed on their website they do a version with SPF 15 in it, sounds perfect for Summer!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig