Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bronzed Make Up



I have this theory.  My theory is that Scotland is edging ever closer to the North Pole.  Take today as an example  beautiful sunny skies peppered with light fluffy clouds.  I stepped out of the house with short sleeves, not entirely inappropriate given this it's almost June, and almost got frostbite by the time I walked to the care.  Well I say walk, but I was in a fully-blown sprint when I realised how cold it was.  Seriously weather, if you could just crank up the temperature by a few degrees, i'd really appreciate it.
So I have decided that if the actual sun isn't going to actually stick around long enough to give me a bit of colour, then I might as well crack out the fake tan, and give myself a Summer-appropriate face of make-up.


I used the last few drops of my Ideal Flawless foundation by Avon, which feels really lightweight yet gives a decent amount of coverage.  I skipped bronzer, and popped on MAC Mineralise Blush in Warm Soul.  This blush and tanned skin go together beautifully to give a healthy natural flush, plus it has a slightly sheeny finish without being garish (*ahem* Sleek Rose Gold *ahem*).  I dusted a little No 7 Vital Enlightening Highlighting Powder over the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupid's bow to amp up the glow factor.  This product was limited edition, but it's a pretty standard off-white pearly shade.


I found my MUA Heaven and Earth palette hanging around in the back of my make-up drawer and created a fuss-free bronze-y eye, before lining my eyes with Loreal Perfect Slim Liner and applying lashings (get it??) of Loreal Mega Volume Collagen Mascara.  To finish off I applied Revlon Lip Butter in Crème Brule, which gives a hint of shine and colour, but without being heavy or sticky.
So, if you've got a bit of warm sun where you are; a: get out there and enjoy it and b: I'm totally and unashamedly jealous.
And if I see a polar bear I'll let you know.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig