Sunday, July 19, 2015

LUSH Sauchiehall 20th Birthday Celebration


Oh to be 20 again...

Earlier this week I was invited to head along to the Lush store at Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow to help them celebrate their 20th Birthday.  It was lovely to be able to have a proper look at the products - the store is usually pretty busy and it's quite tricky to have a good old mooch around.  

We were introduced to some of the Oxford Street store exclusives and boy oh boy do they have some amazing stuff.  I am hoping that they will consider rolling some of these out over the rest of the country, otherwise a trip to London may be on the cards.  My favourite was the Experimenter Bath Bomb, which was dropped into a small bowl of water.  I can only imagine how pretty it would be in a full size bath - like bathing in liquid rainbow!



I was also treated to a delightful arm exfoliation using the Life's A Beach Body Scrub Powder, which is an unusual product in that it's mainly a blend of sea salt and sand.  I was stroking my arm like some kind of weirdo for quite a while afterwards - I couldn't believe how soft it had made my skin feel.

Lush also have a Spa.  Who knew?  Not me!  And by the sounds of it not just your run-of-the-mill soothing music and soft lighting kinda spa.  Lush seems to have considered the whole sensory experience with specially choreographed music, unusual techniques and spa-exclusive Lush products.  I must admit it sounds amazing, completely indulgent and I fully intend to treat myself at some point at their Spa in Edinburgh.

We got to try our hand at creating our very own Big Blue Bath Bomb, which is one of their hero products.  It contains arame seaweed, which not only softens your bath water, but the iodine helps to regulate your metabolism plus the lavender oil helps to calm and is an antiseptic - there's a lot of good stuff packed into that little blue ball!   If I wore a hat, I would take it off to the people in the Lush factory who make these all day (up to 200 per hour I'm told!), you need some serious arm muscle to smoosh it together to form a ball. 


Look at my wee face. 

The evening was rounded off by a game of 'Who Wore It Best?', getting creative using their range of knot scarves.  I panicked, folded the scarf up and tied it round my head.  Not my finest look let me tell you.  Needless to say I didn't win that particular game...

Lush kindly gave me a selection of products to try so keep an eye out for my thoughts on those in an upcoming post.  It was a lovely, fun evening and it was great to meet some rather awesome fellow bloggers too.

Do you have any Lush recommendations?  What are your favourite Lush products?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It was lovely meeting you at this event. I am still to use my Big Blue, I am somewhat proud of making it that I don't know that I can actually use it! Have you used yours yet?

    I am working my way through the 30plusblogs links and was happy to see your name one there! Keep an eye out as we are looking at planning a 30plusblog event in Glasgow!

    Carrie x
    http://www.cazmosworld.com

    ReplyDelete

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig