Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Blogmas Day 1 | Christmas Tag


I'm doing Blogmas!  For those of you who don't know, that means I will be blogging every day until Christmas.  I'm not known for my regular blogging habits so this will be a real challenge for me, but I'm really going to try and see this through - eeep!  I hope you'll stick with me  and enjoy reading.

I tore open the first door on my advent calendar this morning (can I get a high-five for chocolate for breakfast?) , so that means It's officially the countdown to Christmas.  I thought I'd kick off the festivities here on my blog with a Christmas Tag.  I love reading these posts on other blogs - it always leaves me feeling so Christmassy! Right, let's do this!

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
It has to be National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! Despite the fact I have seen it more times than I can count, it still has me laughing out loud!  My favourite moment is Clark Griswold's rant.  For those of you who haven't seen it, (shame on you!) here it is:

I also have a guilty pleasure for watching those straight-to-TV movies that are played almost non-stop in the run up to Christmas.  I watched one last week where a technology-obsessed family became stranded in a small town called (wait for it) Nowhere, and in the end they learn what Christmas is really about.  It's called The Town That Christmas Forgot and i'm sure it will be shown again before Christmas, so keep an eye out if you like super cheesy but heart-.0warming movies.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
We always open our gifts on Christmas morning.  We all meet at my mum and dad's on Christmas morning and my sister sorts out all of the gifts, then we take it in turns to open something.  My husband always wants to open something on Christmas Eve though, so we usually pick a small gift to open before we go to bed on Christmas Eve - usually some cozy Christmas PJ's.
3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? 
My dad has always loved putting lights up on the outside of the house, him buying new lights from B&Q pretty much signalled the start of the festive period in our house.  I have so many memories of him up a ladder outside for hours on end, hammering up lights along the roofline of the house and stringing up more lights in the trees.    We would then all be ushered outside for the grand switch-on.  

4. favourite festive food?
I love all Christmas food and for the past couple of years I have cooked on Christmas Day - oh, and there are 12 of us!  I love preparing the menu almost as much as cooking and eating the Christmas dinner!  My favourite part of the dinner has to be the sprouts - I know they are a love-them-or-hate-them menu item, but I am on a one woman mission to convert everyone I meet to the humble sprout.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
As a child, it was the huge doll house that my mum and dad stayed up most of Christmas Eve building for my sister and I.  My mum says they listened out for every noise, thinking it was one of us getting up, shhhh-ing and leaping behind the sofa with each creak.  I remember coming down on Christmas morning and literally being in complete awe of it, I couldn't believe how lucky we were.  In more recent years, Darren bought me a fancy-dancy stand mixer  - it is bright blue and I just love it.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
At Christmas we always light the fire in the dining room at my parents house and this is my most favourite smell.  It's like it's truly Christmas when the fire is lit in our house.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Christmas Eve is usually spent prepping the Christmas dinner; peeling the spuds, chopping veg and cooking the Christmas ham.  In the evening, we usually wrap up and walk to the local pub and have a couple of drinks - well, it is the festive period!

8. What tops your tree?
I shamefully do not have anything at the top of my tree.  In my defence, I haven't found the perfect star/angel yet - they all seem a bit cheap looking.  I definitely need to step up the hunt for this year!

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
When I was 16, I was obsessed with wanting to get out on the roads.  Being too young to drive, I pleaded with my parents to buy me a moped/scooter, which you can legally drive at age 16.  There was no way I was ever going to get one, but it didn't stop my trying.

10. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
Spending time with family is hands-down the best part.  I love having a house full of people.  I also love watching people open presents, is that odd?

I'd love to know what you love about Christmas?  Also, any ideas what I can get to top my tree?
SHARE:

2 comments

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig